January 14, 2019
And just like that, we're here for another Meatless Monday!
I love a good veggie burger. They're a great way to sneak in extra serves of veggies and if the recipe has enough spices and texture, they're better than any meat burger in my eyes! Plus, they make a great addition to a salad or lunchbox for some lunches throughout the week. These burgers taste delicious and can make your life easier!
Author: Killing Thyme
Use fresh burger buns or no buns at all and top as you wish! We love avocado, lettuce, tomato and any hummus or dip we have hanging around in the fridge. Tonight we used tzatziki and it was sooo delicious!
1. Cook up the sweet potato by either steaming, or roasting in the oven at 200 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Leave the oven on, reducing the temperature to 175 degrees.
2. Cook up the quinoa by bringing 2 cups of water (I add in a tbsp of bone broth for an additional nutrient hit) and quinoa to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover & cook for 15-20 minutes. Fluff with a fork when finished.
3. Add black beans to a bowl and mash half of them, leaving the other half whole. Add sweet potato and mash together, add quinoa, nuts, spices and red onion and mash together. Adjust the mixture with seasoning and the texture. If its too wet, add in more ground up nuts!
4. Spray a baking sheet. Form patties by filling up a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Carefully scoop out the mixture onto the baking sheet and flatten slightly.
5. Bake the veggie burgers for 30 minutes. Carefully flip over at 30 minutes and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Enjoy!
April 16, 2019
April 14, 2019
April 08, 2019