February 04, 2019
I'm all about budget friendly, easy and healthy recipes. This Meatless Monday recipe couldn't be any better in all three departments.
These veggie fritters are an all-rounder. They can be served with breakfast, lunch, dinner and also make a great snack. Even better, they use up any veggies that are running out of life in your fridge.
Here is your life-changing recipe. You're welcome!
*substitute for the veggies of your choice, just fill the quantity requirements*
Author: Frugal Coupon Living (told ya they were budget friendly!)
Yields: 10-12 fritters
2 cups of shredded zucchini
2 cups of shredded carrots
2/3 cup of flour of your choice
1/3 cup chopped green onion
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1. Strain the zucchini in a strainer and press down to drain out the excess liquid.
2. Add the shredded zucchini, carrots, flour, green onions, eggs, garlic & salt and pepper to a bowl. Stir well.
3. Add the olive oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Add 1/4 cup of mixture to the pan & flatten slightly with your fingers. Do the same over again until you run out of space in your pan.
4. Cook the fritters for about 3 minutes then flip and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
5. Place fritters on a plate with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
6. Season with salt and pepper if required, top with greek yogurt, sour cream or cashew cheese. Serve with whatever tickles your fancy. Enjoy!
October 13, 2019
October 06, 2019
September 20, 2019